As expected, pod2g, The Chronic Dev Team, and planetbeing have released Absinthe 2.0. This is a cross platform, untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1, across all devices that support this firmware, excluding the newest Apple TV. It is a simple one click solution, with no need to put your device into DFU mode.
After copious amounts of work and many sleepless nights Absinthe 2.0 is finally here to jailbreak your device. This release has been a large collaborative effort between Chronic-Dev Team and iPhone Dev Teams (Jailbreak Dream Team)
This jailbreak supports firmware 5.1.1 ONLY and is again one of the most easiest jailbreaks to use (so easy your grandma could do it ;D)
Absinthe 2.0 supports the following devices:
iPad1,1 – 2,1 – 2,2 – 2,3 – 3,1 – 3,2 – 3,3
iPhone2,1 – 3,1 – 3,3 – 4,1
iPod3,1 – 4,1
(Support for iPad2,4 will be added at a later date)
How To Use Absinthe 2.0:
1. Make a backup of your device in iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up’.
2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase all Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
3. Open Absinthe and be sure you are still connected via USB cable to yourcomputer.
4. Click ‘Jailbreak’ and wait…. just be patient and do not disconnect your device.
5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. Right click on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up…’ then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device ie, apps, photos, etc.)
6. Thanks for using Absinthe, enjoy your jailbroken iDevice!
We can expect the servers to be slow, and possibly crash throughout the day, but here are the links to download Absinthe 2.0:
Enjoy your newly jailbroken iDevice! Remember to be patient with the process. Especially if you decide not to erase all you info and settings. It could take 30 minutesor more. Also, make sure you have lots of disk space on your computer. The jailbreakmakes a back up of everything during the whole process, so if your device is full of photos and stuff, it’s going to take a long time. Just follow the directions above, and the process should be somewhat painless.